The People Garden Club
Location: The People Garden is a common garden space behind the Riverview Community Centre (90 Ashland Ave). The garden is located at the intersection of Darling St. and Balfour Ave (near Churchill Drive). See map below.
Schedule: We meet Monday and Wednesday evenings at 6:30. You also need to help out once a month on a Friday to fill the water cubes.
We built this garden in 2013 as part of the first year of the Building a Community Commons course. It was affectionately named the People Garden by kids in the local day care (they also made this sign). The garden boasts a hoop house, herb spiral, demonstration food forest, wicking beds and hugel beds. We get our water from the Riverview Community Centre. Come hang out in this beautiful community space and learn about permaculture with us!
How to participate:
The people garden is about a 1 session per week commitment, the schedule is flexible. Each month participants sign up for:
- 2 ‘Evenings in the Garden’
- 1 ‘Weekend Water Watch’ shift
- 1 ‘Friday Fill-Up’
We're using SignUp.com to schedule our garden sessions.
1) Click on the following links to see the schedule on SignUp.com:
2) Review the options listed and choose the spot(s) you like.
3) Sign up! It's Easy - you will NOT need to register an account or keep a password on SignUp.com.
Note: SignUp.com does not share your email address with anyone other than the garden stewards.
- you'll get to share in the produce,
- you'll learn about permaculture and ecological urban food production
- you'll contribute to food justice in Winnipeg, and
- you'll be a part of the growing movement of community-based urban agriculture in South Osborne.
Nik and Cathy are the Stewards of the People Garden.